Barrier Coatings: Introduction
- Barrier coatings perform a vital function of insulating components such as gas turbines and aero-engine parts by operating at elevated temperatures. Barrier coatings have very low thermal conductivity. They bear a large temperature gradient when exposed to heat flow. Commonly used barrier coating is yttria-stabilized zirconia, which exhibits resistance to thermal shock and thermal fatigue up to 1150°C.
- The global barrier coatings market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to the increasing demand for these coatings in automotive, energy, and aerospace sectors
Key Drivers of Global Barrier Coatings Market
- Barrier coatings are being increasingly used in automotive applications. They are designed to facilitate the reduction of heat loss from engine exhaust system components, including exhaust manifolds, turbocharger casings, exhaust headers, downpipes, and tailpipes. Most coatings are applied to metallic parts directly operating with the engine exhaust system; however, thermal barrier coatings can now be applied using plasma spray onto composite materials due to technological advancements.
- Recently, the automotive industry has started using composite components in order to meet the stringent emission regulations and high consumer demand for esthetic qualities materials. This is encouraging vendors to facilitate research on barrier coating materials.
- Growth of the automotive industry in countries such as the U.S. and expansion of the aviation industry are estimated to boost the barrier coatings market in North America. Presence of several automotive giants, such as Ford, Bombardier, and General Motors in the U.S. and Canada, is also projected to propel the demand for barrier coatings in the region.
Download PDF Brochure – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=77766
Stationary Power Plant Application Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of application, stationary power plant was the rapidly growing segment of the global barrier coatings market in 2019. It is estimated to maintain its attractiveness during the forecast period. This growth can be ascribed to the increase in requirement of gas turbines that can withstand high operating temperatures of over 1,500°C. Rise in demand for energy due to growing population, urbanization, and changing lifestyles is also expected to propel the segment during the forecast period.
- The automotive segment also holds vital share of the global barrier coatings market. The segment is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to the rise in demand for automobiles and heat resistant coatings in automotive parts. Increase in application scope in engine components, such as pistons, cylinder heads, and related components, is also anticipated to drive the segment during the forecast period.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-enzymes-market-to-grow-at-8-annually-to-reach-usd-12-2-billion-valuation-by-2027-transparency-market-research-301000183.html
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Barrier Coatings Market
- The barrier coatings market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period, owing to the rise in usage of these coatings in various end-use applications in the region
- The market in Europe and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to the growth of the automotive industry in these regions
- Rise in FDI investments in automotive and construction industries in developing economies of Asia Pacific is a key factor that is likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
Request for Custom Research at – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=77766
Key Players in Global Market
Various players operate in the global barrier coatings market. However, there is an increasing shift in dynamics toward market consolidation. This can be ascribed to new product developments by major companies operating in the U.S. and Europe in order to capitalize on untapped potential in Asia Pacific and Africa. Key players operating in the global barrier coatings market are:
- Praxair Surface Technologies
- Metallisation Ltd.
- TST Engineered Coating Solutions
- Flame Spray Coating Co.
- Air Products & Chemicals
- Metallizing Equipment Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- TWI Ltd.
- Integrated Global Services
- A&A Company
- Precision Coating, Inc.
- ASB Industries Inc.
Global Barrier Coatings Market: Research Scope
Global Barrier Coatings Market, by Type
Global Barrier Coatings Market, by Technology
- Electron Beam-Physical Vapor Deposition
- High Velocity Oxyfuel
- Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Air Plasma
Global Barrier Coatings Market, by Application
- Stationary Power Plant
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=77766